Many people believe that applying for a UK visa in Nigeria can be daunting. On the contrary, it’s not as difficult as you think it is. All you need to do is to follow simple instructions and you will get your visa to the United Kingdom. A valid UK visa is an important document you need if you want to visit the country. Whether it’s a short-term or long-term visit, education, business or leisure, you will need to apply for a visa. Get your UK visa in 2018 and explore the beautiful attractions of the country with your loved ones.
You can apply for a UK visa through a local travel agent or apply on your own online. Let’s take a look at how to apply for a UK visa in Nigeria in 2018.
If you’re visiting a family, tourism or business, you can apply for a Standard Visitor visa, for a 6-month stay in the UK. But if you need to visit for a longer period, you will have to apply for a visa that will last you for 2, 5 or 10 years. However, you’ll only be allowed to stay for a maximum of 6-months on every visit.
How to Apply for a UK Visa
To apply for a UK Visa in Nigeria, find below the document required and the procedures for application.
* A Valid Nigerian passport – ECOWAS passport (Passport must be valid for the whole of your stay in the UK)
* A UK visa application form
* Evidence of the UK visa application fee payment
* A recent passport sized – coloured photograph on a white background. (Dimension: 45mm x 35mm wide.)
* Financial Proof that you can support yourself during your trip or payslips from the last 6 months
* Letter of Invitation (for visitor visa applicants)
* Recent Utility Bills
* Letter from your employers if employed, if you’re self-employed, provide your business registration documents confirming the business owner’s name and the date the business started trading.
Click here to view the full requirements
1. Apply for your UK Visa up to three months prior to date of travel
2. Apply online
3. Pay for the visa fee online (in most cases) Find out the visa fees for the visa you’re applying for. For short-term – up to 6 months visa for single entry or multiple entries, the fee is USD125
4. Fill in the application form and answer in English
5. Print out your form
6. Book and attend an appointment at a visa application centre. You can select an appointment time, and you will receive an email confirming the date and time of your appointment, as well as the location of the application centre, and the required documents to bring along.
7. After you have completed your application on the UK Visas and Immigration website, you will be given a unique GWF Number, which you will use to register on the Teleperformance website. *Teleperformance is a company authorised by the UK visas and Immigration Authority to process visa applications for the UK.
8. Once you have booked your appointment, you can register your details on the Teleperformance website to reduce delays for your appointment and for easy application tracking. After registration on TLScontact website, they will contact you if they need any more information about your application.
9. You must visit the centre in person on the day of your application appointment, and ensure you carry your appointment letter as well as your passport and supporting documents. Please ensure you go early, if you’re late, you may be asked to rebook your appointment for another day. This will delay the application process.
10. Once you get to the appointment centre, you will be redirected to an agent who will review your documents. Then, your biometric data will be collected – photo and fingerprints. Please be informed that once the biometrics has been done, your visa fee cannot be refunded.
11. After you have provided your biometric data and submitted all the required documents for the visa, you will be given a TLScontact checklist, which you will later use to collect your documents.
NOTE: You will need to have tuberculosis (TB) test at a designated clinic in Nigeria if you are visiting the UK for more than 6 months. Here’s the list of the designated clinics for TB test in Nigeria.
* Teleperformance – TLScontact does not process your visa application. Applications are processed and considered by the UKVI. If UKVI needs any more information regarding your application or for you to attend an interview, you will be contacted via email.
* TLScontact will contact you via email or your personal account page on their website once your passport has been returned to them. You will be provided information about how you can collect your passport from TLScontact.
* If you chose to collect your documents in person, you will have to go personally to TLScontact office with the TLScontact checklist given to you after you submitted your application.
* Once you collect your passport, ensure you check all the details of the visa provided such as term of validity, number of entries required and the type of visa granted for the purpose of your trip.
Disclaimer: Please be informed that Travelanders does not process visa applications. We only provide visa information based on our experience with UK visa applications. For more information regarding UK Visa, please visit the UK visas and Immigration Authority website.
The information provided on this page is correct as at 1 January, 2018.
NOTE: Applying for a UK Visa requires time and patience, and you will discover that everything can get done easily and smoothly if your documents are complete and valid. Once everything is done, planning your trip to UK is easy. Please stay away from ‘dubious travel agents to avoid getting duped. If you want to apply for a visa to UK through a travel agent, please use licenced and renowned travel agents.
Address & Opening Hours – Teleperformance
UK Visa Application Centre
Churchgate buiding, Tower 2
Churchgate Street, Victoria Island, Lagos
Opening hours: Mondays to Fridays
Time: 8:30 a.m. – 2:30 p.m
Prime Time Appointments: Monday to Friday and some Saturday
Time: 7:00 a.m. – 8:30 a.m.
Passport Return Window Hours: Monday to Friday
Time: 10:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.